Saint Thomas' Protestant Episcopal Church is a historic Episcopal church dedicated to St. Thomas Aquinas. It was built in 1892 in Eastover, as a simple one-story frame church building, with Gothic Revival style design elements.
In the 1870s, Bishop William Bell White Howe established missions for African Americans in the Columbia and Charleston areas. He appointed Rev. Thomas Boston Clarkson to minister to residents of Lower Richland County.
Rev. Clarkson oversaw the construction of a chapel near Eastover on the site of the present church. The chapel was built with funds donated by Rev. James Saul of Philadelphia and named in his honor. Rev. Clarkson served as minister of Saul Chapel until his death in 1889.
Saint Thomas' Protestant Episcopal Church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.