Calvary Baptist Church (also known as Second Street Baptist Church; Saint Paul Baptist Church) is a historic Baptist church at 2nd and Walnut Streets in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
This church was built in 1921 and served as the social and religious center of Oklahoma city’s black population. It is also the site where Oklahoma students organized “sit-ins” at segregated lunch counters in 1957.
Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke in this church during the reformation period.
It was built in 1921 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
After suffering through years of unrepaired ceilings and crumbling sidewalks, the former Calvary Baptist Church was renovated by its new owner, the Dan Davis Law Firm.