St. John's Baptist Church (also known as the New St. John Institutional Baptist Church) is a historic church in Miami, Florida.
On June 17, 1906 at the corner of NW 2nd Avenue and 11th Terrace, a small group was called together for worship.
They initially called this congregation Second Baptist Church. The first pastor of this group was Rev. Bynom.
After a short time, a second pastor, Rev. N.B. Williams, was called to lead this new and growing congregation. During Rev. Williams' tenure, the membership moved to Jackson's Hall on 10th street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue.
The members considered plans for a permanent location. After purchasing a lot at 12th Street and 3rd Avenue, construction began on a 50X48 foot frame building.
The congregation moved into this building on the third Sunday in February 1908. Rev. Williams served until the latter part of 1910.
On April 17, 1992, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.