East Wilson Historic District is a national historic district located at Wilson, Wilson County, North Carolina. It encompasses 858 contributing buildings and 2 contributing structures in a historically African-American section of Wilson.
The district developed between about 1890 to 1940 and includes notable examples of Queen Anne, Bungalow / American Craftsman, and Shotgun style architecture.
Although many individuals made contributions to the community, the most prominent of East Wilson's early residents was Dr. Frank S. Hargrave, who established Wilson's first hospital for blacks in 1905. Samuel H. Vick also made significant contributions as a developer, educator, postmaster and religious leader. Rev. Dr. Owen Lun West Smith, U.S. Minister Resident and Consul General to Liberia and Methodist leader who was born into slavery.
Notable buildings include the Reverend Henry W. Farrior House (c. 1890), Charles Thomas House, Samuel Vick House, Dr. Mathew Gillam House, Wilson Colored High School (1924), and Samuel H. Vick Elementary School (1939).
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.