In 1946, two years after its first broadcast, WROX AM moved to 257 Delta Avenue where the station remained until 1954. During the 1940s 66,530 families who owned radios were within WROX's coverage area and were able to listen to "Sonny Boy's Corn Meal and King Biscuit's show," an influential Blues show out of Helena, Arkansas that featured Sonny Boy Williamson.
Early Wright, "The Soul Man," is believed to have become the first black deejay in Mississippi when he joined WROX in 1947.
For 52 years Wright hosted a weekly R&B show from the WROX building, interviewing musical personalities such as B. B. King, Charlie Pride, Muddy Waters, Tina Turner, Bobby Rush, Sonny Boy Williamson, Robert Nighthawk, Rufus Thomas, Elvis Presley, Little Milton and Pinetop Perkins. He is also credited with fostering the career of Ike Turner.
Today, the WROX Building houses two retail establishments on the first floor and a dance studio on the third floor. The second floor, home to WROX, remains unaltered from the time of the radio station's occupancy.
The WROX Building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.
In 2004, Clarksdale businessman Kinchen “Bubba” O’Keefe opened the WROX Museum.