Stanley Institute, also known as Rock School, is a historic African American school building located in Cambridge, Dorchester County, Maryland.
It is a rectangular one-story, gable-front frame building with a small entrance vestibule built about 1865. Three original blackboards still occupy their proper locations. The building was moved to its present location from a site near Church Creek in 1867. It served as both a church and a school until the erection of the present Rock Methodist Church later in the 19th century.
The Stanley Institute is now the Stanley Institute Museum, which promotes research and public education through its Museum collection. Visitors to the Museum can see Museum exhibits, attend events at the Museum, and access Museum educational programs.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.