Built in 1882, Stone Hall was the administration building for Atlanta University until 1929. It is a three-story red brick Queen Anne style building with Romanesque Revival elements.
The school opened its doors in 1869 on a campus consisting of approximately 50 acres west of downtown. In 1929, Atlanta University united with Morehouse College and Spelman College to form the Atlanta University Center affiliation.
Stone Hall was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1974.