Fort Huachuca is a United States Army installation, established on 3 March 1877 as Camp Huachuca. The garrison is now under the command of the United States Army Installation Management Command.
It is located in Cochise County, in southeast Arizona, approximately 15 miles (24 km) north of the border with Mexico and at the northern end of the Huachuca Mountains, adjacent to the town of Sierra Vista.
From 1913 to 1933, the fort was the base for the "Buffalo Soldiers" of the 10th Cavalry Regiment.
Fort Huachuca was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
During the build-up of World War II, the fort had quarters for more than 25,000 male soldiers and hundreds of Women's Army Corps (WACs).
In the 2010 census, Fort Huachuca had a population of about 6,500 active duty soldiers, 7,400 military family members, and 5,000 civilian employees.