The Alabama Penny Savings Bank, at 310 18th St. N in Birmingham, Alabama, was built in 1913. It has also been known as the Pythian Temple. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
It is significant as the building of the first black-owned bank in Alabama, which financed construction of homes and churches for thousands of local black citizens. The bank was founded in 1890 and was the second largest black bank in the United States in 1907.
It is also significant as "a distinctive local example of 1910s office building design". It was built by a local black construction company and may have been designed by black architect Wallace A. Rayfield, who designed many other buildings for the black community in Birmingham.