Hampton Colored School is a historic school for African-American students located at Hampton, Hampton County, South Carolina. It was built in 1929, and is a one-story, front-gable, rectangular, frame building. It has clapboard siding, a tin roof, exposed rafters, and a brick pier foundation.
The first black school in Hampton was built in 1898, and by 1927 the school board had purchased an acre of land to build a much-needed new school. Three other citizens, including the carpenter who would build this school, bought three additional acres and donated it for the new school in 1929.
It remained the only black school in Hampton until 1947, when Hampton Colored High School was built and the Hampton Colored School became the lunchroom for the high school.
The Hampton Colored School Museum and Resource Center is owned by the Town of Hampton and operated as a museum of area African American history.
Hampton Colored School was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.