Fort Concho is a former United States Army installation located in San Angelo, Texas. It was established in November 1867 at the confluence of the Concho Rivers and on the Butterfield Overland Mail Route and Goodnight–Loving Trail.
At its height during the American Indian Wars, Fort Concho consisted of 40 buildings on 40 acres of land leased by the US Army. The fort was abandoned in June 1889 and fell into civilian hands.
Over its 22-year career as a US Army base, Fort Concho housed elements of fifteen US Cavalry and Infantry regiments, most prominently the "Buffalo Soldiers" of the 9th and 10th Cavalry and 24th and 25th Infantry regiments. From its establishment in 1867 until 1875, Fort Concho was the principal base of the 4th Cavalry and then of the 10th Cavalry from 1875 to 1882.
From 1878 to 1881, the fort was the headquarters of the short-lived District of the Pecos, and troops stationed at Fort Concho participated in Ranald S. Mackenzie's 1872 summer campaign, the Red River War in 1874, and the Victorio Campaign of 1879–1880.
It was named a National Historic Landmark on July 4, 1961.